Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Diamond Head and More

Next day started with a quick hike up Diamond Head.  It looked like it was going to be another beautiful day.  
When we got about halfway up it started to rain.

At the top we got soaked.  

Hawaii rain is AWESOME.  Warm and short.  



We really had a fun time, even with the rain.

This is our "Prom" picture.  
I love Janina!!!

After Diamond Head we headed back to the hotel and got in our car and headed over to the swap meet at the Hawaii Stadium.  

It was a lot of fun and we did a lot of shopping.  

Not far from the stadium is Pearl Harbor

I was really excited about this site.  

It was very humbling to see 

Most definitely my favorite part of the day.  


The Arizona, still under water.  You can still see oil leaking from the ship, even all these years later.  

Freedom is NOT free!!!




Our passes included tours of the USS Bowfin and the USS Missouri.  We toured the Bowfin first and I decided I was NOT cut out to live on a submarine.  No way.  Couldn't do it.  Too claustrophobic for me.  We ran out of time and didn't get to tour the Mighty MO, but Janina got the brilliant idea to ask them for a rain check and they gave us passes to come back another day.  It was awesome.  

No comments: