Thursday, August 6, 2015

Pearl Harbor and Turtle Beach

I was really excited to go BACK to Pearl Harbor.  Just as we were walking in there was a group of Marines walking in as well and we stopped and asked for a picture with them.  
I have a very special place in my heart for those who serve in ANY capacity to keep us safe in this world.  I am very thankful for their service.  

We were really excited to tour the Battleship Missouri, or the MIGHTY MO.  

I loved the patriotic feeling at Pearl Harbor.  
I really love this country.  


The battleship was awesome and it was really fun learning all about the many battles it had been in and all that has happened aboard this ship.  

We loved listening to the audio tour

The view of the AZ memorial from the ship.
It was another awesome day at Pearl Harbor. 

Our next stop was Turtle Beach.  
The turtles love to frequent this beach and it just so happened one was on the beach that day.  We also saw two in the water while we were swimming.  I just didn't get any pictures of them.  

This beach was fun but a lot more crowded than the other.  
It also had strong currents which made playing in the water harder to do.  

We still did it...it just meant a lot of sand down your pants and salt in your mouth.  We had a fun time trying to stunt Mckall in the water and we laughed a lot every time a wave would take us down.  It was a fun time.  


We also just relaxed on the beach for awhile, which is always a favorite thing of mine.  

This beach had a lot of rocks and Mckall and I went exploring on them.  
We also made a quick stop at a spot where people like to cliff jump.  Mckall and I jumped off this cliff into the water many times.  I didn't get any pictures of me doing it, but found these on the web.  It was SCARY and FUN.  



That night we walked around Waikiki and enjoyed the night life.  

Time to get sentimental....
These two are VERY special to me.  
I really admire and respect and love the hell out of both of them.  
They are like family to me and I am thankful every single day that they are in my life.
They are great examples of kindness, unselfishness, patience, and love.  I believe they came into my life just when I needed them most and I am truly blessed to know them. 


Another amazing day.  

No comments: