Saturday, June 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Freddy

Today my brother Fred would have celebrated his 34th birthday. I say "would have" because he never actually made it past his 17th. He was killed in a car accident. (ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEAT BELTS!)


Although it has been 16 years since he past away, and although I was just 12, I still think about him and love and miss him very much. He was an amazing big brother. I'm thankful everyday for the life he lived and the memories I have and the example he was to me.


Here's some pictures of a recent trip to his grave.

There is an airplane on the top right of his headstone because he wanted to be a pilot. He actually took flying lessons and had the opportunity to pilot a plane before he died. This is the view from his grave. Isn't it beautiful? The cemetery he is buried at is the most beautiful cemetery I've ever been to.

This is the another view from his grave.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

thanks for sharing! I remember that cemetary being really beautiful.

Jill said...

I am so sorry! I don't think that is something you could ever get over...just learn how to deal with the "new norm" of his absense. It breaks my heart to hear of kids/youth dying at a young age in tragedies. I am so sorry that you have to deal with that heartache. At least the gospel knowledge can hopefully bring some comfort!