Friday, October 3, 2008

Passing On Hope

Recently, my ADORABLE friend Jill did an adorable post on her blog where she talked about HOPE and gave away an equally adorable necklace, which I WON! I was so excited! I never win anything, not to mention the fact that I can seriously count the amount of jewelry I own on one hand. It is now my favorite item. I actually have worn it everyday since it came in the mail.
THANKS JILL!
It was such a fun thing to participate in and brought me so much joy and HOPE, that I decided to copy her and keep the HOPE going.
What is HOPE to you?
To Believe, Desire, or Trust
The feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best.
"Hope is a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one's life. Hope implies a certain amount of perseverance — i.e., believing that a positive outcome is possible even when there is some evidence to the contrary."
Hope makes us hold on when we could let go.
Here is Jill modeling the necklace, which she ordered from her friend Christina who hand stamps the jewelry and owns her own business called Simply Ornamental. I think Jill is a MUCH prettier model than me, so I stole her picture off her blog (hope you don't mind Jill).
I too will be sending a necklace to one of you lucky readers out there. Just leave me a comment on this post and I will enter you into the drawing and randomly pick a winner.
Leave me a comment by NEXT FRIDAY, the 10th at Midnight and I'll announce the winner first thing SATURDAY MORNING.
It doesn't matter if you've never commented on my blog before or don't have a blog of your own or if I don't even know you, just leave me a comment and you'll be entered. Come on...enter! You have nothing to lose and HOPE to gain.

I know the necklace looks much prettier on Jill, but I had to show you how much I love it. (By the way, Kylee took this picture of me, pretty good job for a 2 year old).

Here's HOPING some HOPE is coming your way.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that necless. We are adopting from Ethiopia and we have teamed up with HIV to Home to help us raise funds. They are also helping us to educate our family and friends about HIV! That is sooo cool here is Jennifers site http://fromhivtohome.blogspot. com/

Anonymous said...

I love it! So cute!! You lucky girl, you! Put me in the drawing for sure.

You look great in your necklace picture! Your little one is quite the photographer. I'm with you...not much jewelry. I need to add to my collection. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Aimee said...

Mandy... you're such a sweetheart. We could use any "hope" we could get right now at our house! and I think you look beautiful in the necklace! Loves...

Anonymous said...

Your house is so much FUN! love you lots!


G DOG

Gayla said...

I love the movie quote of the month. LOL. Pretty necklace! How are you doing? You should come to one of Brocks hockey games.

Lacey said...

Super cute! Love the necklace. Hope has meant a lot to me these last three years, when sometimes that's all I had to show. Can't wait for your grandma to come home! Do you know when her homecoming is so we can plan? I'm working on some pics hopefully I'll get those to you tomorrow.
loves,
lacey

whitney williams said...

Hope has been very instrumental in getting me through the last few months...Justin changed jobs (long story) and has been unemployed for over 2 months. He starts his new job tomorrow and we couldn't be more excited!

Lynch said...

Very cool! I love the necklace, and I love the message. Hope is a wonderful thing, and I think we all need a little more of it! Love you!

L said...

I was so happy for you that you won the necklace! You are amazing and so great for passing on the hope.

"I am reading "The Marvelous Journey Home" about Russian adoption. One of the minor characters says that "Hope is the one thing that cannot be taken away from you!"

Isn't that great!!! We can always hope! I would love to win!!!

Jill said...

You are too dang cute!! I'm so glad you won the necklace. You look adorable in it!!!!!! I'm so super glad you like it and you are too cute to keep spreading the HOPE! I can't wait to see who wins it. You are the best!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just know that necklace is meant for me...I'm concentrating on good karma right now....oooommmmmmmm.... come to Holly, come to Holly! I love you. Was that Jill Fitzgerald from high school?

Staci said...

Send some Hope my way.

Chinoville said...

Where would we be in life without hope?! You are such a cute mom! The necklace looks great on you too!

Stacy said...

I don't need the neclace but some HOPE and Prayers couldn't hurt, it looks like our living and working situation is headed for a BIG change:) Love The Cospers

Anonymous said...

I love the definition of hope. I needed to read that so much today.
Thanks Mandy.

Love,
Darla