Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cooking with Grandma

I am so blessed to have my mom be able to watch my kids for me. Being a working mom is hard enough, but knowing they are with someone who loves them as much as I do is a real comfort. I'll admit I get sad sometimes that I miss out on the fun things they get to do with Grandma, but I am SO grateful that they get to do them and am so thankful for my mom and all her sacrifices for me and my kids.

My mom was in charge of making a ton of cinnamon rolls for Father's day gifts in her ward and she let Kylee help her. Kylee LOVES to cook and is always a great help in the kitchen. I'm glad she is learning so many wonderful talents from my mom. Maybe someday she can teach them to me. :)
Waiting patiently to help.
(I remember wearing that apron when I was a little girl too.)

Spreading the cinnamon and sugar around.

She's not afraid to get her hands dirty.

Making memories while making cinnamon rolls.
I'm excited for Kylee to start cooking our meals at home for us. I'm thinking my mom will have her trained by the time she is 5. :)

No comments: