Saturday, October 15, 2011

Adam's Canyon

This weekend the weather was PERFECT!  I couldn't stand the thought of being inside cleaning while outside was so gorgeous so the kids and I hurried and got our chores done and hit the road running.  We didn't have much time but wanted to hike so we decided to go to Adam's Canyon since it is so close to our house.  My kids love that hike (once we get past the switch backs) and love to hike to the lower falls.  It was absolutely perfect. 


We put our feet in the water and had a quick lunch by the waterfall.  I thought with it being such a gorgeous day more people would be there, but we had the place to ourselves the whole time. 



 Kylee took this cute picture of her feet. 
We climbed some rocks.  Cannon is SUCH a rock climber.  He has no fear - which scares the crap out of me.   

A gorgeous view. 
I love these little hikers.  They really are such good hikers and so fun to do things with. 
I took this picture of these flowers and then realized there were bee's all over them.  I won't lie - ever since I got attacked recently by those darn yellow jackets I have been a little nervous every time I see a bee.  (Stop laughing Liv).  The story is quite entertaining.  I should probably share it sometime.  I know my neighbor and I will forever remember it (poor guy).   

What a gorgeous time of year. 

4 comments:

Diane said...

I'm interested in hearing the story! Mandy, your kids are adorable, just like you! What a fun Mom you are!

Anonymous said...

I seriously LOL'd reading that. I could just imagine you running away. I am STILL laughing. You HAVE to share your bee story. Who doesn't love a story that ends up with you flashing the neighborhood! :) I don't blame you for being scared of bees.

-Liv

Amanda said...

Long story short - a yellow jacket went down my shirt and started stinging the crap out of me. I naturally reacted by taking my shirt off - and then in went into my bra and so I took my bra off...flashed my neighbor and who knows who else. :) My neighbor came over to check because he could tell i was being attacked by something but he also felt bad because I was freaking naked. We are now good friends. ;) I ended up getting stung 6 times - 4 on my back, one on my arm and one right on my boob. Then I had to go to the insta care because all the stings started rashing out big time and had to flash a REALLY CUTE Dr. my boobs. Then he had to give me a shot in my bum. Stupid bee caused me some embarassment for sure. Plus it hurt like heck.

Anonymous said...

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Best story ever! I'm sorry it hurt and I'm sorry you were embarrassed of your smoking body - but that story is funny and makes me lol.

-Liv