Thursday, October 13, 2011

October Fun

More random fun we've had in October. 
The soccer season came to an end and it was a lot of fun watching my kids play.  I hope they learned something and who knows what the Spring will hold for this sport.  They both LOVED getting these way cute trophies.  I must say they were both the dang cutest soccer players I have ever seen. 


My brother turned the big 3-6.  He is such an awesome person and I'm glad he's my brother. 

Happy Birthday Travis!


Cannon loves his Uncle Don and it shows.  He always wants to play with Donny when he sees him.  Don is such a great sport and is willing to play along.  Here he is getting his hair done in Cannon's Hair Salon. 

Don and Amberlee both got their hair done by Cannon.  Cannon loves to pretend.  He plays restaurant or hair salon or car shop.  He is always pretending to be doing something. 

The other day I heard him say:  "5, 4, 3, 2, 1...competitors, stop your work.  Chef what did you make?  I made a cake."  I went out to the hall to see what he was doing and he had made a "cake" out of blocks.  He was pretending to be on CHOPPED.  (It's a show on the food network I like to watch)  It made me laugh.  I didn't take a picture, but wanted to write the story down before I forgot it.  He has such a great imagination. 


Kylee had her Primary Program at church recently.  She had her one line part all memorized and knew all the songs.  She looked so cute before the program and wanted her picture with her Book of Mormon since the program was all about how "I know the Scriptures are true." 
My parents came to our ward to watch her and just as I went to take Kylee to her spot on the stand she freaked out.  She got super nervous and no longer wanted to do anything.  I sat with her by her class hoping that she would be ok by the time sacrament was over, but sadly it didn't work.  She has been super nervous about things (especially weather) lately and I really worry about her and her sweet little anxieties.  :(  She's super shy and has a hard time around strangers and hates when I leave.  I hope it's just a phase - but I would love any advise any other parents out there have.  Pre-school does seem to be helping and she is doing really good at it.  Maybe it was just an off day for her or something. 

1 comment:

The Duckworth Family said...

I was going to quickly peek at your blog when I got sucked in by the cute picks of your darling kids! They are so cute. But I just had to comment on this post. I don't know if you are still dealing with anxiousness or not, but my Kyson now 6 1/2 used to have terrible anxiety. He still does a little bit, but it's not nearly what it used to be. We just learned to deal with situations a little bit differently than we could with our other kids. And in a mix of 5 kids, I really had to always keep a focus on what might affect him, not so much the others. So the good news was that without too much intervention it has subsided quite a bit, but lots of things we still have to just be careful of so he doesn't freak out. I think by us being a little accommodating, not pushing him in situations....it has helped him relax a lot. I learned that when he was truly in his anxious state, nothing could get him to think reasonably. It's like he didn't even have control over his thoughts and actions. It was different then a child just being stubborn. Good luck with it!