Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Español

Kylee is incredibly obsessed with writing, reading, and finding out what words mean.  She LOVES getting post cards in the mail from her sweet Aunt Tonya and tries so hard to read them herself.  She is loving pre-school and comes home everyday so excited to show me what letter she learned about and how well she can now write it.  It amazes me how much she learns and grows everyday.  I must admit, I get sad to see how grown up she really is, but man am I so proud of her. 

Tonight as she was practising writing she asked me how to spell Spanish.  I told her the letters and then asked her what she was doing.  She told me she wrote some things in Spanish, but wanted to write the word Spanish in English. 


This is what she had done.  I asked her what it said and she said "It says ¿Cómo Te Llama? and ¡Ay, caramba!."  It made me laugh.  She said them so well.  I then asked her if she knew what those words meant in English and she totally did. 

I'm not surprised she likes to speak Spanish, with an uncle who was called to a Spanish speaking mission, and neighbor friends who speak it regularly in their home, not to mention Dora and Diego teaching them things all the time.   What does shock me is just how much she remembers and knows. 

I hope she always loves learning as much as she does right now.  I asked Kylee how I should end this post and she said to say:
¡Adiós amigo!

No comments: