Monday, July 5, 2010

God Bless the USA

On the actual 4th of July we endured a grueling day of church. I love my ward and love my calling (I'm in the Nursery) but after being up all night the night before watching West Point's firework show it was clear all the kids (including my own) did not get enough sleep and it was a very long 3 hours. We went home and just relaxed and napped pretty much the rest of the day.
On Monday the 5th we woke up and headed over to Layton to watch the parade. It was so fun. I saw so many old friends from school and people I haven't seen in years. Not to mention the weather was wonderful and my kids super cute and happy.

Kylee is always happier if Aunt Em is with us.

My kids know what to do when the flag comes by.

Isn't that so sweet!

Grandma had this flag and Cannon loved waving it.

It was a great parade with floats, marching bands, candy, horses, and cool cars. I thought it was a little weird they ended the parade with this AWESOME Dodge Viper. I don't know why it was just being towed. It would have been cooler if they were actually driving it. But it is a way nice car and one of my favorites so whatever. :)
After the parade we walked around the park and looked at all the booths and got a few treats and drinks. Then we walked to the field to stake out the best place for the fireworks later that night. It is always the best feeling in the world to see your kids getting along and playing together. I really don't know if there is any better feeling than knowing they love each other so much. I love when I catch moments like this one below where they are just being best friends without me even "making" them.
We went back to my parents house for a BBQ and then returned to the park to wait for the fireworks to start. We found plenty of things to entertain us while we waited for the fireworks to start. Kylee loves watching movies on Em's iPOD.
We were walking by a booth and they just gave my kids these cute balloons. They loved them and that helped keep them happy too.
Of course we had lots of yummy treats and Cannon couldn't get enough COTTON CANDY.
And Grandpa is always so good at keeping the kids happy. It was so nice and just the most enjoyable day. I will admit Layton always does a really great job on their fireworks but this year seemed to be one of the best! They just kept going and going and they were so pretty. Cannon would say "I like that one" after nearly every single one. Kylee actually fell asleep during the fireworks. She was awake when they started and asleep when they were over. She did the same thing at the West Point firework show too. Maybe she finds them relaxing?
I am SO proud to be an American and really do cherish the freedoms we enjoy in this beautiful country we live in. I am so grateful for all the men and women serving our country who keep us safe.

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!

1 comment:

Daniel and Tonya said...

I love the kids' adorable 4th of July outfits. You must have got those at some kick-butt outlet mall somewhere. I'm thinkin' you didn't even have to pay sales tax on those cute clothes! ;-) Love ya!