Saturday, July 3, 2010

Our New Addition

I LOVE THE 4TH OF JULY!!!

It is seriously one of my favorite holidays (next to Christmas of course). I love the parades, the carnivals, the fireworks, and the friends and family I always get to see. I love celebrating this wonderful country we live in and all the freedoms we enjoy. I just love everything about it.
This year was no different. With the extra long weekend we just partied the whole weekend long. Sadly, my memory card on my camera somehow got damaged (although it was working one second and the next it wasn't) and I lost a lot of awesome pictures I took on Saturday. I know...another camera malfunction. :( But here's what we did anyway. We woke up early Saturday morning ready to go down to Centerville to see 2 of my cousins in that parade. Unfortunately we didn't wake up early enough and they had already blocked off the road for the West Point City parade making it impossible for us to leave our sub-division. We decided to just embrace that fact and sit our chairs out and watched the WPC parade go by. It was mostly just tractors and Syracuse High school and West Point Junior high, but it was fun and the kids got candy so they were happy. Also, it was short and sweet, so we were still able to get out and down to Centerville in time to catch some of that parade. We were able to see my cousins and headed over to the park to check out the festivities there. That is where we got our new addition to our family.
Meet Kermit and Frog (that's what happens when you let a 2 and 3 year old name their pets). Kylee named hers Kermit and Cannon named his Frog. They are baby African frogs and my kids love them. I am worried sick that they are not going to last very long and every morning I wake up hoping they are still alive.
We got them from one of the booths and they have brought a lot of entertainment to our home.
Both Kylee and Cannon will just stare at them and hold their cage (which I try to not let them do) and talk to them. They love taking turns feeding them and I love the joy they get from these small little creatures.
We'll see how long they last.

2 comments:

Daniel and Tonya said...

Love it! Kermit and Frog! BTW, your movie quote, is it from Secondhand Lions?

Amanda said...

Yes...it is Secondhand lions. Good job sis! :)