Saturday, July 17, 2010

Rachel Getting Married

I will admit that when I heard my cute cousin Rachel was getting married in Lubbock, TX (where her and her now hubby both attend Texas Tech), I was very bummed. But it wasn't about the location...it was about the people and their special day and may I just say I am SO glad they decided to stay in Lubbock. It ended up being SO much fun and there were so many fun experiences that we wouldn't have had somewhere else. These are just a small pick of the pictures I took. The rest can be seen on FB.
One of the best experiences was my first ever BACHELORETTE PARTY!!! It was SO much fun. What happens at a bachelorette party stays at the bachelorette party, so I can't go into too many details other than to say I had so much fun and really loved being wild and silly with these cute young girls.
I couldn't help but wear a cowboy hat. I was in Texas after all.
My 2 cute cousins.
As you can tell, as the night went on we got ever more wild and crazier and it was seriously just too much fun.
The next morning it was time to get ready for another big party.
Rachel had decided to do a lot of the flowers herself...which she did a great job of but just ran out of time. So the day of the wedding we still needed the centerpieces done as well as the bouquet and a few other flower arrangements. Luckily my mom is extremely talented and she went to work and put a lot of us to work.

She gave us about a 5 minute tutorial on flower arranging and then put us to work. These are just a bunch of flowers from Wal-Mart.
And I must say we created some kick butt flower arrangements.
Check mine out!! And I TOTALLY suck at these sort of things.
They all looked like they were done by professionals and it made the whole thing that much more special to know each of us contributed an arrangement.

Mine, Rachel's, Leslee's, Kaylee's, Darla's and Grandma's toes. We all recently had pedicures and had to show them off.
This is the beautiful church they were married at. We weren't allowed to take pictures during the ceremony but I snuck this one super quick before it began.
The church they were married at. They had wedding bells ringing as they walked out. It was so pretty and awesome. It reminded me of Cinderella.
2 of my cousins that I don't get to see nearly as often as I would like to.
Rachel and Ty a.k.a Mr. and Mrs. Stolp!
Congratulations guys!


CHEERS!
First dance as husband and wife.
There was lots of dancing.
It was so darn fun.
Most of my mom's family. Missing a few spouses and one brother, but most of them made it. I was sadly the only cousin who made it and I will always cherish the fact that I got to celebrate this awesome day with everyone.
Rachel, my cute Grandma, my Aunt Darla and my Aunt Myrna (Rachel's Mom).
CONGRATULATION MR. and MRS. STOLP!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously Mandy if you get any prettier I will have to start hating you. Most people get uglier with age but you just keep getting prettier and prettier! Love and miss you girl!

Liv