On Sunday we had the chance to go to Aunt Tonya's church with her. She actually only lives a mile or 2 from her church, but I was amazed at how big an area her ward covered. We would be driving somewhere and be on the road for 30 minutes or so and she would point out someones house in her ward. I have never had the opportunity to live in a small town or out of state and forget that it's not like it is here in Utah and how lucky I am to not only have all my ward members within walking distance of my house but also to have so many temples within miles from my house too. In fact, I get to pass 5 temples just on my drive home from work. I am really impressed with all you faithful members living the gospel even when it is not nearly as convenient for you.
And true to form, Cannon had to have one too.
He LOVED helping her string the beads and he was very happy with his bracelet.
Devil's Lake is just across the street and practically in her front yard and the ocean is maybe a mile away.
Here is a picture of her house. So cute.
Every night we took a walk down to the dock after dinner. Sunday was pretty rainy, but like always that didn't stop us. That's what umbrella's are for, right?
Cannon insisted on holding his own umbrella.
At the end of Tonya's road is the floating dock to the lake.
I think he looks so cute.
There are usually almost always people fishing on the dock. Sadly Tonya and Daniel aren't fans of fish, but I would probably have to learn how to fish (and properly gut and all that) if I could have fresh fish at my disposal like that. Not so sure I could gut them, but I could definitely eat them!
Our first night visiting the dock this adorable mama duck and her 8 ducklings came swimming by. We just happened to be on the dock and could see them perfectly. It was so neat and my kids loved it.
They both thought the floating dock was a fun place to be.

They both were so excited when they saw it.
It's like this ginormous castle with so many fun things to do and play with. All these pics are actually from our first day there and my kid's first time playing on the playground (which we did every night after dinner).

2 comments:
I am so glad you liked my house! I was nervous before you got here that it was too small and too ugly, but I guess the location made up for all that. I've lived here for nearly 2 years now and I guess I forgot why we moved here in the first place!
You say small...I say "cozy". You say ugly, I say "rustic"! :) The location most definitely made up for anything it may lack...in my opinion. I love it! In fact, maybe the kids and I will move in when you and D move out. ;-)
Post a Comment