Friday, May 28, 2010

Tillamook Cheese Factory

Not too far from my sister's house is a little town called Tillamook. This is where Tillamook cheese is made. It was a very pretty drive on another rainy day and my kids really loved the cheese factory. All along the way we were passing many, many cows and my kids just kept mooing and mooing. Here is a cute farmer with his cow. It really was neat to watch them make and package all the cheese. My kids really enjoyed watching the whole process.
Look at those huge blocks of CHEESE!


The workers in the factory were cute and would wave up at my kids which made them happy. Cannon really loved watching the cheese go around on the belts and we actually stayed and watched for quite some time.
What a cheesy grin (ha!).


Cannon loved petting the baby calf, even if it wasn't real.
After the tour we went through the tasting line (which Cannon would have stayed and ate all the cheese if I would have let him) and then we ate at the cafe. It was super yummy. We bought some squeaky cheese for the ride home as well as some ice cream cones. It was seriously the best ice cream I have ever ate, and it didn't hurt my stomach at all. I'm sure it helped that Cannon helped me eat a lot of mine (along with his own). YUM! YUM! YUM! I wish I had some squeaky cheese and ice cream right now.

No comments: