After the aquarium we visited some of the cool spots around Newport and on the way home. This place was called Devil's Punchbowl. It was really pretty and very neat.

Love the views. In fact, I don't think there was ever a time I wasn't amazed by the view or the beauty that surrounded us. Seriously so pretty!
I wish I was brave enough to get in a kayak all alone on the ocean and just paddle to my heart's desire like the guy in the picture below. I would do it with someone else, but just like me in real life, I wouldn't really want to be alone.

These surfers weren't alone. They were just sadly waiting for a good wave to come. The Oregon coast is GORGEOUS but not the best place for surfers because it is very rocky. This particular section is the least rocky, but not as many waves come in. It was fun to watch them try to catch one. I wish I knew how to surf.

Cannon found a stick!
He was always finding things and thought they were so neat.
That boy loves to explore.
In fact, one of his favorite souvenir's was a bag of rocks. So many of the stores would have these really pretty, polished, rocks for sale. I thought it was silly but Kylee always would go to the rocks and ask me to buy some too. Finally I decided what the heck...if she wanted a bag of rocks why not let her pick out a $3.00 bag of rocks. They both really loved playing with them (and Cannon loved hiding them all over Aunt Tonya's house).

We took a little potty break and such and Aunt Tonya kept the kids entertained by playing catch with the new big bouncy balls she got them from the aquarium. They are really cool.

Then we stopped at Depoe bay and went SHOPPING! They have a ton of great little shops and again amazing views of the ocean. Thanks to uncle Daniel Cannon was able to get in a quick nap in the car while the girls hurried and shopped a little.

Kylee is totally my girl! She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES the ocean and the beach. I love this picture of her.

She is so dang cute.

We watched the boats come into the bay. I would have loved to gone on a whale watching tour but I was a little nervous about my kids on the boat (although they probably would have been fine) and it was getting late in the evening so it was getting cold. It will just have to be something we do the next time we are out there.

We sat on the dock of the bay and ate caramel popcorn and just enjoyed the beauty around us.

It was so fun.
Just awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment