Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Place in This World



I am in love with and totally jealous of Taylor Swift. My dreams are her reality (minus my kids of course, which I totally wouldn't trade). I think she is AMAZINGLY talented and beautiful and pretty much every song she writes (which she writes all her songs herself) touches my heart or brings back a memory or makes me think of something in my own life. The more and more I hear of her songs the more I swear she is writing about my life sometimes. I wonder how a 20 year old has such insight to life already. Maybe she's just smarter and more mature than I am.

Anyway...My most favorite song of Taylor Swift's right now is "A Place in this World." Take a listen to it below on my play list. It totally describes how I feel right now in my life.


Here are the lyrics:

I don't know what I want,
so don't ask me
Cause I'm still trying to figure it out
Don't know what's down this road,
I'm just walking
Trying to see through the rain coming down
Even though I'm not the only one
Who feels the way I do


[Chorus:]
I'm alone, on my own,
and that's all I know
I'll be strong, I'll be wrong,
oh but life goes on
I'm just a girl,
trying to find a place in
This world


Got the radio on,
my old blue jeans
And I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve
Feeling lucky today,
got the sunshine
Could you tell me what more do I need
And tomorrow's just a mystery,
oh yeah
But that's ok


I'm alone, on my own,
and that's all I know
I'll be strong, I'll be wrong,
oh but life goes on
I'm just a girl,
trying to find a place in
This world


Maybe I'm just a girl on a mission
But I'm ready to fly


I'm alone, on my own,
and that's all I know
I'll be strong, I'll be wrong,
oh but life goes on
I'm just a girl,
trying to find a place in
This world

No comments: